Multilingual Communication Solution for Mac OS X
Assistiveware has designated Proloquo a Legacy Product
Legacy products are no longer under active development. This means there is no guarantee they will continue to work on future versions of OS X. Download and test the demo before purchasing the product to see if it works as you expect on your computer. These products are being offered as a courtesy to users who find they uniquely meet their needs. Sales will eventually be discontinued.
Proloquo™ is a multilingual Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution designed to assist people who have difficulty speaking or cannot speak at all. To aid those who benefit from combined visual and auditory reinforcement, Proloquo provides speech feedback while typing and the ability to speak what is below the cursor so the user can both see and hear the words.
Proloquo includes LayoutKitchen™, a powerful layout editor with which users can design their own speech panels with colorable and resizable buttons containing text and/or images in a variety of formats.
Each Proloquo license includes five (5) Infovox iVox™ voice credits that can be redeemed for individual Infovox iVox voices in any language. Additional Infovox iVox voice credits can be purchased separately to acquire even more voices and to add additional computers.
Proloquo works with any hard keyboard, on-screen keyboard, mouse or mouse emulator, including the HeadMouse® Nano.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Proloquo is for Mac OS X and is different from Proloquo2Go, which is for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Functions as an Alternative and Augmentative Communication solution for Mac OS X
- Speaks text in any application and speaks as the user types
- Custom words and phrases can be spoken with a simple mouse click or keystroke
- Includes LayoutKitchen™ – a powerful editor to design individual keyboards and textual speech panels for commonly used words and phrases
- Automatically synchronizes typed text and speech functions in applications such as TextEdit and Nisus Writer Express as the user moves from window to window effectively turning these applications into talking word processors
- Provides control over speech rate, pitch and exceptions
- Provides very large icons and resizable toolbars
- Converts text to audio files and to iTunes tracks ready for play on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices
- Includes five (5) Infovox iVox voice credits to redeem for individual, natural-sounding Infovox iVox voices available in many languages
Requirements for Proloquo 2.01. Mac OS X 10.4 and later
2. Mac OS X 10.5 and later for Arabic, Turkish, Czech, Greek, Russian and Polish voices
Download Proloquo Trial
Download Proloquo User Guide
Buy Proloquo (includes 5 Infovox iVox voice credits)
Buy Infovox iVox Voice Credits
Origin Instruments Corporation
854 Greenview Drive
Grand Prairie, Texas, 75050 USA
HeadMouse is a registered trademark of Origin Instruments Corporation. PageBot, Swifty, Beam, Orby, Breeze, SofType, Dragger, and AirVoter are trademarks of Origin Instruments Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.